Star Wars fans will hardly be able to contain themselves with this news! A Star Wars hotel is coming to Walt Disney World Florida.
The announcement was made by Disney boss Bob Chapek to 7,000 excited Disney fans at their annual convention in Anaheim California. The hotel will complement the new Star Wars Land, below, being built at Disney in Orlando.
No date has been given for the opening of the hotel but the Star Wars Lands – there is also one being built in Anaheim – are expected to be completed in 2019.
He said: “Today, I am thrilled to confirm that we are working on our most experiential concept ever. It combines a luxury resort with an immersion in an authentic Star Wars environment.”
And this is how he described the new Star Wars-themed hotel: “From the second you leave earth, you will board a starship alive with characters, stories, and adventures that unfold all around you during the voyage on the galaxy that spans several days.
“You’ll immediately become an active citizen of the galaxy and live everything that that means including the opportunity, of course, to dress up in the proper attire. It is 100% immersive and the story will touch every single minute of your stay with us. And it culminates in a unique journey for every person who visits.”
He added that every room will make you feel as if you are in space. And here’s an idea off what a room will look like.
Mr Chapek also gave more details about the 14-acre Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge coming to Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort in Southern California in 2019. Fans were shown new details about the two new signature attractions and experiences in the new, jaw-dropping, 14-acre lands, including character encounters with BB8, Chewbacca, Rex and Kylo Ren.
He also outlined what else is new:
Walt Disney World (Florida)
- Epcot continues its legacy of bringing the real world to life through the magic of Disney. Exciting plans here include a new Ratatouille-themed attraction at the France pavilion and a brand-new E-ticket attraction based on the rockin’ and action-packed world of Guardians of the Galaxy. Fans of Mission: SPACE will soon experience a new Green Mission, which will take guests on a stunning tour around the world and an updated Orange Mission, making the trip to Mars even more spectacular. And a new restaurant, next to Mission: SPACE, will transport guests into outer space for an unforgettable dining adventure!
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Fans heard for the first time that the all-new Toy Story Land will open next summer. And guests will be invited to join Mickey and Minnie in the original, state-of-the-art Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway where new technologies will transform the flat cartoon world of the Disney Channel’s Emmy Award-winning “Mickey Mouse” cartoon shorts into a wacky, unpredictable dimensional experience.
- Magic Kingdom. An all-new Tron-themed attraction will blast off near Space Mountain and a new, live entertainment theater will find a home on Main Street, U.S.A. The theater will be based on the iconic Willis Theater in 1920s Kansas City where Walt Disney once lived.
- New Disney Vacation Club property. Leading up to the July 17 opening of Copper Creek Villas & Cabins, it was announced the proposed 15th Disney Vacation Club property, Disney Riviera Resort, is coming to Walt Disney World Resort near Epcot.
- New Transportation Options. Plans were unveiled to make getting around Walt Disney World even more fun! Minnie Van Service will provide point-to-point transportation in a way that only Disney can. Disney Skyliner will give guests a birds-eye view of the resort. This new system will connect Disney’s Art of Animation, Pop Century and Caribbean Beach resorts, and the proposed new Disney’s Riviera Resort, with Disney’s Hollywood Studios and the International Gateway at Epcot.
Disney Cruise Line: A new ship will join the fleet. It will join the other two new ships announced last year – bringing the total to seven. All three new ships will be powered by one of the cleanest-burning fuels available. When the new ships arrive, Disney Cruise Line will have almost doubled its fleet size.
Disneyland Paris: Disneyland Paris is gearing up for a powerful resort hotel. Disney’s Hotel New York – The Art of Marvel will transport guests into the action-packed world of Super Heroes, including Iron Man, The Avengers, Spider-Man and more.