Get in quick… there’s 500,000 half-price tickets for sale on Virgin Trains.
Whether it’s a late summer or autumn break you fancy, you can get a discount on selected fares along the east coast with Virgin Trains’ Nifty 50 per cent Summer Seat Sale running between today and next Thursday.
The tickets are for travel between September 5 and November 4, excluding half-term week October 21-30.
Advance single discounted tickets include:
- London King’s Cross to York Standard Class; originally from £19, now from £9.50
- London King’s Cross to Leeds Standard Class; originally from £14.50, now from £7.25
- London King’s Cross to Edinburgh Standard Class; originally from £25, now from £12.50
- Newcastle to Edinburgh Standard Class; originally from £10.10, now from £5.05
- York to Newcastle Standard Class; originally from £7.30, now from £3.65
- Peterborough to London King’s Cross Standard Class; originally from £11, now from £5.50
David Horne, MD at Virgin Trains on the east coast, said: “Late summer and autumn are beautiful times to enjoy the east coast and with so many great destinations to visit we’re excited to be offering our customers the chance to get away for less.
“All our trains on the east coast are being given a makeover with stylish new interiors and a touch of Virgin glamour for added customer comfort. We’ve just passed the halfway point in our train refurbishment programme so our seat sale is a great way to give our customers more opportunity to travel in style. We’re sure tickets will sell out quickly so make sure you don’t miss out!”