This rollercoaster is about to send our levels of excitement to new heights – literally. Even in the middle of a pandemic, Universal Orlando has lifted our spirits with the announcement that Jurassic World VelociCoaster is being launched next summer.
It will fly us more than 150ft into the air and zoom around at speeds of up to 70mph.
And it’s no surprise, as Universal Orlando likes to be the top dog of theme park firsts, it will be the tallest and fastest rollercoaster in Florida and the first first coaster based on the blockbuster franchise.
Riders on the 4,700ft of track at Islands of Adventure will join the original cast of the Jurassic films – Chris Pratt as Owen Grady, Bryce Dallas Howard as Claire Dearing and BD Wong as Dr. Henry Wu – as they are chased by a pack of fierce Velociraptors.
The clever creators at Universal say get ready to:
- Accelerate through two pulse-pounding launches, the fastest reaching 70 mph in 2.4 seconds
- Encounter a one-of-a-kind, 360-degree barrel roll right above the Islands of Adventure lagoon
- Experience a zero-gravity inverted stall that will send riders upside down across 100 feet of track in a jaw-dropping maneuver that is the first of its kind
- Go airborne during the towering “Top Hat,” which propels riders 155 feet in the air and then immediately into an 80 degree drop – Universal’s steepest drop yet
- Brace for a total of 12 heart-pounding seconds of airtime – the thrilling sensation of weightlessness riders feel when they’re lifted from their seats – throughout the entire adventure