YourHols always tries to bring you the hottest deals at the hottest prices for the hottest destinations. So these tips from online travel agent loveholidays.com are worth taking a look at if you’re trying to get your head round all the January offers.
1. Compare prices: loveholidays.com sources the best value holidays from the UK’s leading operators including Thomson and Thomas Cook, rather than simply displaying a selection of web search results. This means customers can make their own comparisons using real price information. For example, a seven-night Cosmos package at the three-star Santa Eulalia Beach Club in Albuferia on a self-catering basis from £319 per person (saving £74pp when compared to the same package with another operator). The price is based on flights from Gatwick on May 18.
2. Be flexible: With the date of departure – and the airport. Air fares and hotel rates vary considerably when a couple of days apart and many of the UK’s regional airports provide good value, direct flights to holiday hotspots – and offer easy public transport links and well-priced parking to boot. For instance, seven nights self-catering at the four-star Club Candan in Marmaris departing Manchester on July 9 from £356pp (saving up to £171pp when compared to the same package departing on July 8 or 11 and 8th & 11).
3. Go all-inclusive: Knowing exactly how much a holiday will cost – especially all the extras like transfers, meals, drinks and activities – can be tricky when booking a flight and hotel package. Savvy travellers are catching on to the benefits of all-inclusive: not only does it take away the hassle of finding places to eat and drink but it also makes it easier to stick to a budget. Seven nights all-inclusive at the four-star IBEROSTAR Chich Khan in Yasmine Hammamet, Tunisia from £462pp (saving £152pp or 25%), with flights from Gatwick on July 7.
4. Fly midweek: While charter flights may only operate on certain days of the week, when flying with scheduled airlines be prepared to travel midweek. Flights on Tuesday and Wednesday – the least popular business travel days – are often better value. For instance seven nights self-catering at the four-star Terralta Apartments in Benidorm, Spain, costs from £426 per person based on Tuesday August 27 departures from Gatwick (saving £112pp when compared to the same package departing Sunday August 25).
5. Go anywhere: loveholidays.com lets you search for a break anywhere without first having to know where you want to go. So be inspired by new and exciting places, some of which may offer better value than traditional choices. You also only see the search results for when you know you can travel, saving a lot of time. For instance, seven nights all-inclusive at the four-star Seabank Resort & Spa (above) in Mellieha, Malta, from Gatwick on March 12 costs from £499 per person (saving £63pp). Yet, seven nights all-inclusive at the four-star Bitacora Hotel, in Playa de Las Americas, Tenerife, departing on the same day and airport costs from £820 per person (saving £85pp).